JAMS would have a different meaning altogether without our dedicated volunteer traffic coordinators: traffic jams, blocked bus zones, pedestrians risking their lives crossing in front of the school. It is through the work of our Transportation Co-Chairs that traffic around JAMS flows smoothly and quickly almost all of the time. That doesn’t happen by magic: it happens because of volunteers like you.
We need at least one, ideally two, or even three parents or guardians to step up and fill the role of Transportation Chair or Co-Chairs next year. This is a critical job that is central to the safety of our kids as well as to smooth drop-off and pick-up procedures. You will work together and with SDOT and the JAMS administration to:
• Coordinate volunteer crossing guards and traffic management
• Coordinate drop-off flow for special events (e.g., 8th Grade Science Overnight, Friday Ski Bus, Silverwood Music Trip, etc.)
• Monitor drop-off/pick-up routines
• Coordinate community traffic safety and awareness, including outreach through the Leadership Class
• Coordinate as needed with Nathan Hale High School
• Advocate for infrastructure improvements and refinements (including grants) from the city and SDOT
• Maintain equipment (signs, cones, flags, vests, etc.)
Get two friends to share the work with you, and contact firstname.lastname@example.org say you’ll play this role. We need you!