|September 11, 2020|
|Important Upcoming Dates|
– Monday, September 14 Students begin following the “normal” bell schedule. 6th Grade Family Forum, 7-8 pm, online
– Tuesday, September 15 7th Grade Family Forum, 7-8 pm, online
– Wednesday, September 16 8th Grade Family Forum, 7-8 pm, online
– Monday, September 21 JAMS PTSA Board Meeting, 7pm, online
|WELCOME TO THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR!|
And what a year it will be! We hope you all enjoyed the summer and are as ready to engage in learning as we are! While many of our PTSA events are on hold during this time of virtual school, you are welcome to join us for our first Board Meeting of the year on Monday, September 21st at 7pm via Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 618 951 8704
To learn more about JAMS and our PTSA, you can find all the information you need on the JAMS PTSA website: www.jamsptsa.org. Please also look out for our new information sheet which has all the important numbers, dates and other information all in one place!
We hope that you will consider joining the Jane Addams PTSA. Have fun while: Participating in a community of families and teachers supporting the academic and social needs of our students. Learning what’s happening at the school. Having a voice in the decision making. To join online visit http://jamsptsa.org/join
We’re looking forward to a fantastic year. Please contact us with any questions.
Maggie S. Sweeney
JAMS PTSA President
Anita G. Shteynberg
2020-21 JAMS School Supply list – donations needed! All students will need the following supplies for the 20-21 school year:
– Composition books (lined and graph)- one for each class
Please contact the main office at 206-252-4500 or email Ms. Patt at email@example.com if you need assistance with supplies for your student.
Donations are welcome and needed! If you have extras to donate please bring them to JAMS and place them in the box outside of the main entrance. For those families whom would like to make a monetary contribution towards the purchase of school supplies, please use this JAMS School Supplies Contribution link.THANK YOU for your help!
Drive-in Flu Clinics Start September 21**NEW** Seattle Public Schools urges everyone to get a flu shot this year to protect yourself and the community. School nurses have partnered with the Seattle Visiting Nurse Association to vaccinate students, staff and families through 30 “drive-through” events at 15 schools in September and October. See the SPS Flu Clinic website for more information, dates, and locations.
Join the JAMS PTSA!**NEW** Join the JAMS PTSA!
– Get Connected – Learn more about what’s going on at the school
– Speak Up – Have a voice in decision making and share your viewpoint
– Tap into a Network – Meet other parents, teachers, staff and community members
– Be a Role Model – By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
For more information and to register online visit: jamsptsa.org/join.
Thanks for reading the Jaguar News!You are reading the Jaguar News, the weekly newsletter of the JAMS PTSA. If your student has left JAMS, and you no longer wish to receive the Jaguar News, you may unsubscribe at any time. If you need help with unsubscribing, have feedback about the newsletter or website, or have any questions about JAMS PTSA communications, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.