WE NEED YOU! We are actively recruiting for the 2023-2024 school year! Interested in joining the board or a committee? We’d love to have you! See below for a list of Open Positions. Contact Sheilah Nath if interested.
2023-2024 Open Positions
The PTSA Needs You! Click on each position to read a description of the role. Please note that the PTSA Board meets for 1.5 hours once per month from 7-8:30pm. At this time, we continue to meet virtually via Zoom. Committee members meet as needed.
Executive Board Positions
- Membership Chair
- Grade-level Building Leadership team (BLT) Representatives: 6th, 7th, and 8th
- Volunteer Chair
- Transportation Co-Chairs (2)
- Community Outreach Chair
- Communications co-chair (website/Facebook)
- Fundraising Chair
Chairs / Liaisons/ Workgroups/Committee Positions
(Do not have to attend board meetings, unless desired.)
- Reflections Chair: Chairs Committee, disseminates information about and organizes the annual Reflections program with the local PTA units.
- Environmental Stewardship Liaison: Supports responsible use and protection of the natural environment of the school/school grounds through conservation and sustainable practices.
- Music Liaison: Handles the music students management for events, coordinating’ and facilitating communication between JAMS PTSA and FOJAM.
- Special Education Liaison: Supports PTA leaders in issues related to special education within the school.
- English Language Learning Liaison: Responsible for assisting the Limited English Proficient Students, and families in accessing any and all appropriate educational and community services needed to meet their current needs.
- HCC Liaison: Responsible for coordinating and facilitating communication between JAMS PTSA the HCC Program.
- Staff Appreciation Workgroup: Responsible for curating and executing staff appreciation week event & activities.
- STEAM Fair Workgroup: Responsible for coordinating and executing STEAM fair at JAMS.
- Movie Night Workgroup: Responsible for collaborating, creating and executing movie night.
- 8th Grade Promotion Workgroup: Responsible for coordinating with JAMS staff and Students to executing 8th grade promotion program.
- Nominating Committee: Responsible for creating and communicating PTSA open positions to local feeder schools, JAMS community and nominating new members.
2022-2023 PTSA Board
2022-2023 Executive Committee
President: Christina Ellis, [email protected](OPEN in 2023-24)
Vice President: Sheilah Nath (OPEN in 2023-24)
Secretary: Richard Newman
Treasurer: Jane Tunks Demel
Legislative Chair: Open
Assistant Treasurer: Christi Schwend
2022-2023 Board Members
Membership Chair: Open
Communications Co-Chair (website/FB): Aisha Reuler, [email protected] (OPEN in 2023-24)
Communications Co-Chair (newsletter): Tatiana Kaminsky, [email protected]
Fundraising Chair: Beth Sharlin (OPEN in 2023-2024)
6th Grade BLT Rep: Open
7th Grade BLT Rep: Open
8th Grade BLT Co-Reps: Laura Riley & Charlene Shanahan
Volunteer Chair/Coordinator: Lanetria Luevano
Co-Transportation (lead): Open
Co-Transportation (equipment): Open
Community Outreach: Wai Wong-Miller, [email protected]
Environmental Stewardship: Open, http://www.jamsdreambig.org
Packs for Kids Co-Coordinators: Kristina Bernhardt and Amy Boelter
Nominating Committee: Open
Reflections: Tatiana Kaminsky
Staff Appreciation: Open
STEAM Fair: Open
Movie Night: Open
8th Grade Promotion: Open
Music Liaison: Open
Special Education Liaison: Open
English Language Learning Liaison: Open
JAMS parent rep for the HCC advisory committee: Christina Ellis
HCC Liaison: Open
Please send general PTSA questions to [email protected]
Please send updates for the newsletter and website to [email protected].
The deadline for putting news items into the email newsletter, Jaguar News, is Wednesday at 7 p.m. (for Friday delivery).