Everyone is welcome at JAMS PTSA board and general meetings (even if you are not a member), which can be a wonderful way to learn more about and engage in the school community. In general, PTSA Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of every month at 7pm. Until further notice, all PTSA meetings will be held remotely via ZOOM. Links will be provided in advance for the Meetings here and in the weekly Jaguar. Scroll down for Meeting Agendas, Minutes, and Financials.
For years’ past meeting minutes and financials, click here for the meeting archive.
Upcoming Meeting Login Information
October 11th, 2021, 6:00pm-8:00pm
General Meeting & Undoing Racism and Teaching Equity Workshop and Training
Come join the JAMS PTSA’s first general meeting of the year for a workshop by Families of Color Seattle (FOCS) and help build a stronger, more equitable community. You do not need to be a PTSA member, but we do ask that folks register at the link below.
- Building safer and inclusive spaces: intersectional identities.
- Understanding the power of narrative, privilege, oppression, and action.
- Teaching equity to children (focusing on the 10-15 age group) and identifying community resources for further learning.
Zoom registration information. https://us06web.zoom.us/…/tZElduCurT4qHdb2NaNLC5Sqg2z…
FOCS has requested that attendees read the community agreements and go through the following before our time together.
- Community Agreements & Common Language
- “What Is Systemic Racism?” 8-part short video (1-minute each) series that shows how racism shows up in our lives across institutions and society: Wealth Gap, Employment, Housing Discrimination, Government Surveillance, Incarceration, Drug Arrests, Immigration Arrests, Infant Mortality. https://www.raceforward.org/videos/systemic-racism
- The Origin of Race in the USA video: https://www.pbs.org/…/the-origin-of-race-in-the-usa…/
- Take the Harvard Implicit Association Test (IAT) prior to the workshop. The presenters especially recommend Race (‘Black – White’ IAT), and Skin-tone (‘Light Skin – Dark Skin’ IAT); you are welcome to do any other Project Implicit tests after these two. https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
2021-2022 PTSA Meeting Schedule & Documents
We will post agendas and any documents, such as minutes and financials as they become available.
|Sept. 13, 2021||7:00 – 8:30 p.m.||Board Meeting||Agenda-9-13-21||Balance Sheet-8/31|
|Oct. 11, 2021||7:00 – 9:00 p.m.||General Meeting/Training-Undoing Racism & Teaching Equity (Speaker: Families of Color Seattle)|
– Community Agreements & Common Language
– “What Is Systemic Racism?” 8-part short videos
– The Origin of Race in the USA video
– Harvard Implicit Association Test
|Agenda-10-11-21||Financial Position -9-30-21|
|Nov. 8, 2021||7:00 8:30 p.m.||Board Meeting||Agenda-11-8-21|
|Dec. 13, 2021||7:00 – 8:30 p.m.||Board Meeting|
|Jan. 10, 2022||7:00 p.m.||General Meeting|
|Feb. 14, 2022||7:00 – 8:30 p.m.||Board Meeting|
|Mar. 14, 2022||7:00 – 8:30 p.m.||Board Meeting|
|Apr. 4, 2022||7:00 – 8:30 p.m.||Board Meeting|
|May 9, 2022||7:00 p.m.||General Meeting|
|Jun. 13, 2022||7:00 – 8:30 p.m.||Board Meeting|
Archived Meeting Agendas, Minutes, Financials
Interested in learning what happened last year, or even further back? We have it all! Click below to check it out. If you have any questions, email the president at email@example.com.